HR Helpdesk Administrator
FTC until July
Have you worked in a busy & varied office environment?
Are you part CIPD qualified or have the equivalent?
You could be just the person we're looking for!
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To carry out HR administrative related tasks, mainly around recruitment activity, working closely with the HR Helpdesk and HR Manager to prioritise tasks.
- Posting job adverts on the client's website
- Updating candidates on the progress of their application, advising on rejections in a professional and sensitive manner
- Inviting candidates for interviews
- Maintaining job files ensuring they include the required paperwork to comply with legislation and evidence to demonstrate a fair process has taken place.
- To support the HR Helpdesk team with on-boarding administration activity,
- Preparing offer letters and contracts, pre-employment checks, communicate details of new starters to the organisation and the preparation of induction packs.
- Be part of the HR Helpdesk, supporting the team in responding to email queries and phone calls from internal and external customers when required.
- Liaising with payroll to action changes
- Carry out administrative tasks, such as processing purchase orders booking team meetings or other team events
- Supporting the HR Advisor in requesting staff to carry out DBS/disclosure checks
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent level of experience.
- Part CIPD qualified or equivalent level of knowledge gained through experience.
- Knowledge of HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Up to date and working knowledge of basic Employment Law.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Experience of working in an office environment and following policies and processes
- Demonstrates ability to build effective working relationships
- Intermediate IT skills (MS Office, Excel) experience of using databases (ideally an HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems).
- Experience of working in an HR environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines, with excellent prioritisation skills.
- Able to think clearly and prioritise effectively and fairly.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to providing an exceptional level of service
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!